Position: Junior Developer
Location: New York City, NY
Novalsys is a fast-growing company providing SaaS solution to Universities. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Flatiron District in NYC, and we have a worldwide customer base. Our main product is a group management platform called CampusGroups.
Due to strong expansion, CampusGroups is currently hiring a Junior Developer in New York, NY. This is a key role in our company. We need excellent people to assist in the development and maintenance of our platform, and also help support our users as we enhance our product.
Daily work will involve working under a mentor to learn about the platform, diagnose and resolve client issues ranging from simple to complex, monitor and assist in the improvement of the platform features based on requirements provided by a project manager.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in programming, data management, issue troubleshooting and user support. You will often liaise directly with customers via a number of different tools, log issues, monitor their progress and follow-up. This role is an excellent opportunity for a Junior Developer to gain full exposure to the CampusGroups platform from both the developer and end user perspectives, and to have a direct impact on the company’s success.
The role is also intended to help the Junior Developer evolve and graduate to a Senior Developer role as and when appropriate.
- Work with a mentor to improve the platform and address campus requests
- Develop new functionalities & permanent solutions to tackle customization requests and issues
- Configure and implement new campus platforms
- Maintain existing applications using ASP.NET and Visual Basic
- Diagnose and provide resolution to complex problems
- Maintain database and upload client data
- Enter and update tickets in our project management system
- Inform customers when requests have been completed
- Meet with users, train them remotely, or on-campus
- Help provide how-to instructions for client queries & update our Support Center website with tutorials
- Actively participate in the hiring process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field.
- Must have a positive, pleasant attitude and be able to work in a professional environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle stressful situations appropriately
- Ability to reuse existing coding guidelines when creating new features
- Relevant work experience in a user-facing support role or help desk environment preferred
- Strong documentation & communication skill
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, genuinely happy to help others
- Self-starter: you are capable of working without any regular instructions
- Self-learner: you constantly try to improve yourself, you learn from your mistakes and strive to become excellent at what you do
- Pro-active: you initiate meetings and discussions, you raise concerns quickly and propose solutions
- You are highly detail-oriented and hands-on
Advantages of Working with CampusGroups:
- Informal environment with easy access to everyone in the company globally
- Opportunity to learn a lot and work closely alongside experts in their fields
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Team Outings & Events
- We are a fast growing company, so we promote our best elements very quickly
- You will be involved in strategic business decisions and your work will have a direct impact on the company's success
- Paid Time Off
- Medical & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
If you think you are the right person for the job, please send your resume and link to GitHub profile, if applicable, to jobs (at) campusgroups.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 48 hours.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!