CampusGroups provides a full suite of tools that can help you to achieve your Learning Outcomes objectives
Current research indicates that co-curricular involvements have a strong, positive influence on student performance, success and degree completion. Accordingly, accurate assessment and measurement of individual student engagement is a vital component to achieving Learning Outcomes, identifying students that may need help and determining the best strategies and requirements to meet your school's goals.
More centralized data, more visibility
Data can be challenging to analyze, and it's not always easy to turn into meaningful results. Within CampusGroups, a huge amount of automatically collected data is available, and powerful reporting tools allow you to access the data representations you need.
CampusGroups gives you the ability to track everything from event attendance to involvement in student organizations, all of which can be used to develop an effective assessment strategy for your campus.
Collect Insightful Data With Surveys & Forms
- Online surveys and forms are key assessment features. Besides the immediate positive impact of shifting from paper to electronic forms, they also are the best way to efficiently collect and analyze data.
- With online surveys, it's easy to centralize all information submitted by students into one single data repository.
- Leveraging surveys allows you to accurately measure, evaluate and identify Learning Outcomes, patterns and crucial feedback, which will help lead to student success.
- Survey results dashboards allow you to easily visualize key metrics, and to detect students who are behind and need more help.
- Through the powerful CampusGroups surveys and forms module, ask all kinds of questions and collect all types of data.
- Set up an appointment system with the event time slots reservation feature, and manage all meetings between students and advisors from one place.
- Conduct 1-on-1 interviews and focus groups with students, and subsequently collect data & feedback with a CampusGroups survey. During an interview, simultaneously take notes and answer questions within the survey that you’ve prepared. The data is stored and accessible by you and your team.
- Send surveys before and after events to cross-match opinions and feedback from students, thus ensuring that learning outcomes are being achieved by your programs.
- Collect documents from students (such as constitutions, mission statements, post-event reflection) and download them all into a zip file in just 1 click!
- Easily create reports from aggregated, campus-wide data.
- Forms can be connected to any module in CampusGroups, including events, group membership and student profiles.
- Tracking attendance is a core feature CampusGroups offers to meet involvement assessment needs in higher education.
- Participation and attendance data can be collected in many different ways through CampusGroups. Learn more!
- View, monitor, analyze, access and download attendance data in real time, at any time.
- Maintain a record of student program participation (e.g., classroom and events attendance, timesheet hours).
- Measure interest, evaluate program effectiveness and increase student engagement.
- Monitor campus activity (who has and has not participated in events). Make an event mandatory, and check that pre-registered students attend.
- Use card-swiping technology to check-in and check-out students at any event, or to simply allow students to submit their hours.
- Download all data such as hours tracked and event attendance into Excel reports.
Create List of Requirements
- With CampusGroups, create a checklist of requirements that tracks achieved milestones automatically. Read the University of Wisconsin-Madison Case Study to learn more.
- Allow your campus to set achievement levels. For example, in order for a student to reach a certain level, you can require (a) students to be a part of at least three groups of a certain type, (b) mandatory attendance at four workshops on a certain topic, (c) uploading of a certain number of documents or forms. Requirements are automatically checked off when students complete them.
- Requirements can be broken down into multiple checklists, such as achievement levels and awards.
- CampusGroups saves hundreds of hours by automating the management of the checklists. Requirements can be manually or programmatically checked by analyzing involvement and participation data in CampusGroups.
- Checklists provide a fun way to gamify student engagement on your campus and to increase involvement at large.
- Reporting is a key feature of the checklists module as it allows you to quickly assess overall student engagement and the success of your programs.
Analyze and Assess
- Monitor learning outcomes campus-wide. Make sure your strategy is going to be successful on your campus.
- Collect, analyze and compare student involvement and assessment data, all from one centralized location.
- Satisfacation surveys are a key tool to evaluate your programs and are essential to measuring whether your learning outcome objectives are being met.
- Analyze assessments and evaluations through qualitative feedback and reflections (whether you need to collect write-ups, feedback and reflections from students in order to complement data collected from surveys).
- Identify the students who need reminders on their goals to reach learning outcomes of the campus.
Create Meaningful Reports
- Extensive attendance and involvement data are at your fingertips: number of hours at each event, membership data for each student, their roles within groups, number of events attended, number of hours contributed toward requirements, and the number of emails students are reading or to which they are responding. (All of this data can be used to create reports.)
- Create custom evaluations for measuring ROI, program effectiveness, presenter assessment, event satisfaction and more.
- Aggregate all data into a massive, campus-wide report. Visualize full scope of individual student involvements.
- Access your data anytime, aggregate and download reports into Excel or build RSS feeds of data. Filter your RSS feed to pull only the data in which you’re interested. (We are happy to build unique feeds for your campus to allow you to pull data into other systems you have in place.)
Automate and Customize Co-Curricular Transcripts
- Use attendance data and tracked hours to build Co-Curricular transcripts.
- Fully customizable Co-Curricular transcripts are a great way for students to go to an interview and show all their co-curricular involvements!
- Allow students to enter their own co-curricular involvements and to request approval from an advisor.
- Choose to leave off some experiences or add others such as off-campus volunteering.
- Allow the data to be published publicly as an e-portfolio, displaying all of a student's achievements and involvements on campus.